MILWAUKEE, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wisconsin Energy (NYSE: WEC) has been recognized as one of the 100 best corporate citizens in the United States for the fifth consecutive year.
The annual rankings are prepared and published by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The publication evaluates approximately 1,000 publicly held companies on the basis of environmental performance, employee relations, philanthropy, finance and governance.
For the fourth time, Corporate Responsibility Magazine also placed Wisconsin Energy among the number one ranked companies in the category of corporate governance.
"We're very pleased to again receive this honor," said Gale Klappa, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Wisconsin Energy. "It underscores our commitment to transparency, accountability, customer satisfaction and helping to create brighter futures in the communities we serve."In addition to Wisconsin Energy, the other Wisconsin-based companies included in this year's Top 100 list are Johnson Controls, Inc., ManpowerGroup and Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Wisconsin Energy Corporation (NYSE: WEC), based in Milwaukee, is one of the nation's premier energy companies, serving more than 1.1 million electric customers in Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula and more than 1 million natural gas customers in Wisconsin. The company's principal utility is We Energies. The company's other major subsidiary, We Power, designs, builds and owns electric generating plants.
Wisconsin Energy Corporation ( wisconsinenergy.com), a component of the S&P 500, has more than $13 billion of assets, approximately 4,600 employees and more than 43,000 stockholders of record. SOURCE Wisconsin Energy Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV