BENTONVILLE, Ark., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The warm weather conjures up images of burgers and brats, but Sam's Club inspires families to add sizzle to backyard barbecues by shining the spotlight on favorite fare and unexpected grilling ingredients. To spark creative outdoor dining, Sam's Club invites members and non-members across the U.S. to sample some of the best grilling options during its annual "Spring Taste of Sam's Club." The free sampling event, taking place Friday, April 27 to Sunday, April 29 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., will showcase must-have merchandise and grilling essentials to create unforgettable outdoor gatherings.
Sam's Club Asks "Will it Grill?"For exceptional spring entertaining, Sam's Club has all of the seasonal staples including steak, burgers, chicken and fresh produce. In addition to these favorites, Sam's Club challenges backyard chefs to turn up the heat on unconventional food choices for the grill. With the help of Joshua Bousel, the meatmaster at Serious Eats and Meatwave.com host, Sam's Club is grilling frequently shopped items from fire-roasted avocados and watermelons to angel food cake and waffles to explore which items can handle the flame-grilled heat.
"An extended grilling season means backyard chefs may want to think beyond the burger to discover new recipes that will bring a twist to the traditional barbecue staples," said Joshua Bousel of Serious Eats. "Sam's Club offers plenty of inspiration around fun, fresh ingredients to sear, marinate and roast. By taking advantage of their wide assortment, I'll be able to expand my menu choices and easily entertain my guests."Joshua Bousel's grilling adventures with unusual ingredients will be captured on video and highlighted on the Sam's Club Facebook page starting April 23. During this timeframe, members are encouraged to step off the sidelines and contribute their own wacky "Will it Grill?" items. From pizza and eggs to oranges and waffles, members can tweet @SamsClub using the hashtag #SimpleSavings or "Like" Facebook.com/SamsClub to share what unexpected items they would like to see sizzle. The most unique ideas will be featured on Facebook.com/SamsClub the week of April 25.* Fresh, Fast and Fabulous Cookbook GiveawayAccording to the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association's Barbecue Lifestyle Report, 63% of Americans view grilling as healthy. For some healthy grilling inspiration, take a page out of the new Sam's Club cookbook, Fresh, Fast and Fabulous and visit SamsClub.com/meals: RECIPE: Kabobs in a Dash (A full digital version of Fresh, Fast and Fabulous is available April 19 at SamsClub.com/meals) Total Time: 38 minutesServes: 4 Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 8 small to medium whole button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 red onion cut into 4 wedges, then cut in half, root end removed
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine Mrs. Dash Original Blend and garlic. Stir together.
- Add the meat, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes to the seasoning blend; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill or cast iron grill plate. Oil grill grate or spray pan with cooking spray.
- Skewer meat alternating with onion, tomatoes and mushrooms. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill kabobs about 6 to 8 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV