- The addition of 54 new customers, adding to the Black Duck customer base of over 1,000. New customers include Sabre Holdings, SecureIQ, and Shunra, representing a diversity of markets including enterprise, energy, electronics and automotive.
- The Olliance Group, a Black Duck company, saw substantial expansion with an increase of 38 percent since first quarter 2011, with especially strong activity in the mobile and automotive sectors. Acquired by Black Duck in 2010, the Olliance Group's growth underscores the value companies place on its OSS strategy and policy consulting services.
- Black Duck announced the 2011 Open Source Rookies of the Year, recognizing the top new open source projects initiated in 2011. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com/rookies.
- Black Duck announced significant investments in its developer community offerings, including Koders.com, the industry's leading code search engine for OSS, and Ohloh.net, the largest free public directory of OSS projects and contributors. In support of this effort, Black Duck announced the addition of two key staff members to help lead developer relations. Dave Gruber joined Black Duck as Director of Developer Product Marketing, and Rich Sands was appointed Director of Developer Communities.
- In the automotive industry, Black Duck became an active member of the GENIVI ™ Alliance, a non-profit automotive and consumer electronics industry association that drives collaboration among vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to build OSS infrastructure for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
- Collaborating with BearingPoint, the company released results of a survey of the European automotive industry, which demonstrated the pervasiveness of OSS use, its benefits and management challenges. The survey results indicated widespread use and growing adoption of OSS across the European automotive industry software supply chain. For more information about this study, visit http://www.blackducksoftware.com/verticals/automotive/survey.
Black Duck Software Reports Strongest First Quarter In Company History
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.