Procter & Gamble’s (NYSE: PG) Bounty brand is “Bringing It” back into the classrooms at Hughes STEM High School this week. For the third year in a row, Bounty will be extending a series of challenges to middle and high school students at the Cincinnati institution to help strengthen the students’ real-world problem-solving abilities. With a record-breaking participation rate, Bounty will be pairing the students up with the brand’s business team for a five-day program running April 16 - 20, 2012.
To help spur the educational development of the Cincinnati-area, Bounty kicked off their week-long program on Monday with students at the P&G Winton Hill Business Center offices. During the kickoff, Bounty employees were able to share first-hand perspective on their careers with participants and conducted interactive product demonstrations to help the students understand the science behind papermaking. Back in the classroom, students were able to put their knowledge to the test as they began work on challenge activities, including Super Soaker, Weight Lifter, Skyscraper and Egg Drop. Each activity is designed specifically to engage students and help them learn the fundamentals of scientific data collection and analysis.
“As a brand, Bounty wants their consumers to be creative and hands-on in hopes that it will lead to innovation,” said Dave Lee, P&G brand manager, Bounty. “By providing the students of Hughes STEM High School real work experience we are taking a first look at those who could pilot future innovations for our brand and continue our mission to ‘bring it’ in everything that they do.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV