AIRPORT CITY BUSINESS PARK, Israel, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: RRST), a leading provider of comprehensive content management and global distribution services to the television and radio broadcasting industries, and THAICOM Plc., Asia's leading commercial satellite operator, announced today that the contract for the global distribution of the Vietnam Television (VTV) channel has been extended.
The VTV-4 channel is downlinked from THAICOM 5 Satellite to RRsat's main teleport, Emek HaEla, and from there uplinked to the Eutelsat Hot Bird Satellite for delivery to Europe, and the Middle East. In addition, the channel is delivered from Emek HaEla over fiber to RRsat's USA based teleport Hawley, Pennsylvania. From the Hawley teleport, the content of the channel is uplinked to Galaxy 19 Satellite and Intelsat 805 Satellite, for distribution to North and South America.
THAICOM has been provided satellite services for 20 years and Vietnam Television is the longest-running international customer on the THAICOM fleet.Lior Rival, Deputy CEO and VP Sales & Marketing, commented, " We are glad to continue serving, together with THAICOM, our mutual long lasting customer VTV. Our state-of-the-art teleports guarantee the quality delivery of the VTV channel to their end customers." Komson Seripapong, Vice President of Marketing and Sales, said, " We are pleased that VTV has extended the contract with THAICOM for global television service. THAICOM has broadcasted the VTV-4 channel on its C-band Global beam for more than ten years. We have provided a turnkey global broadcasting solution from Europe to America. We would like to thank RRsat for its long term commitment and collaboration with THAICOM. We look forward for more cooperation in the future." About RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV