Maxthon Echoes Google's Commitment To An Open Web: Four Key Principles To Safeguard Users And Transform Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Maxthon ( www.maxthon.com), a global software and web services company, applauds Google co-founder Sergey Brin for reiterating a commitment to open web for all consumers. In comments reported by the Washington Post on April 16, 2012, Brin said that he's worried that governments and Internet companies will erode open and universal access to the web, calling them "very powerful forces that have lined up against the open Internet on all sides and around the world."
"It's good to hear Google make a fresh commitment to a consumer-centered definition of openness and accessibility. It's an issue we have long promoted: the importance of empowering users without restrictions or invasions of privacy," says Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon.
"The whole concept of a walled garden is anathema to the founding principles and architecture of the web. For Maxthon, we've reduced our commitment to this to 4 guiding principles."
- Privacy: Our commitment to user-defined privacy is a core company value. Though nascent, we now support "Do Not Track" by default in our flagship browser, Maxthon 3.
- Open Standards: Open standards are the 'commons' of the web. As a software provider we support open standards like HTML5 in our products and also by committing resources to support the communities and projects developing these standards.
- Portability: The browser is the common denominator of a multi-device web. We believe customers should receive a seamless a web from one device to the next – now and in the future.
- Performance: Maxthon is committed to doing all of the above without sacrificing speed and performance.
"We're glad to see a fresh reiteration on 'Don't Be Evil,'" says Karl Mattson, GM of Maxthon International/Chief of Product Development. "In our own way, Maxthon has consistently been giving added protection to our users with convenience and reliability. We stand shoulder to should with Google to support their commitment to this openness in global markets like Russia and China. And certainly in the Android ecosystem, too."About Maxthon Maxthon Ltd. is an innovative software company and developer of superior web browsers which continue to set new standards for simplicity, speed and security. Each month more than 130,000,000 people use Maxthon's web browser in 120 countries across the world. Maxthon also brings its best-of-breed browsing to the Android platform for mobile devices and tablet computers. For more information about Maxthon please visit www.maxthon.com. Download Maxthon Mobile for Android phones here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mx.browser Want to supercharge that desktop? Try Maxthon 3 for Windows PCs today. http://www.maxthon.com/mx3/ Download Maxthon Mobile for 10" Android tablets here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mx.browser.tablet SOURCE Maxthon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV