Flexsteel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLXS) today reported record third quarter net income of $3.3 million or $0.48 per share compared to net income of $2.5 million or $0.35 per share in the prior year quarter, an increase of 36.2%. The Company reported net sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 of $91.6 million compared to $85.2 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 7.6%.
For the nine months ended March 31, 2012, the Company reported net income of $8.7 million or $1.24 per share compared to a net income of $6.9 million or $1.00 per share in the prior year period, an increase of 25.1%. The Company reported net sales for the current nine-month period of $258.2 million compared to the prior year sales of $255.2 million, an increase of 1.1%.
For the quarter ended March 31, 2012, residential net sales were $71.2 million, an increase of 9.6% from the prior year quarter net sales of $65.0 million. Commercial net sales were $20.4 million compared to $20.2 million in the prior year quarter.
For the nine months ended March 31, 2012, residential net sales were $200.7 million compared to residential net sales of $193.7 million in the nine months ended March 31, 2011, an increase of 3.6%. Commercial net sales were $57.5 million for the nine months ended March 31, 2012 compared to $61.5 million for the nine months ended March 31, 2011, a decrease of 6.6%.Gross margin for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 was 24.1% compared to 21.4% in the prior year quarter. This improvement is due to better absorption of fixed costs and the adverse impact of increases in material costs in the prior year quarter. For the nine months ended March 31, 2012, the gross margin was 23.8% compared to 22.2% for the prior year nine-month period. Gross margin for the prior year nine-month period was adversely impacted by a $0.6 million inventory write-down associated with a facility closing and increases in material costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV