10. Lam Research (LRCX)
Company profile: Lam makes semiconductor-processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits.
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 14% this year to $42.89 and have a three-year, average annual return of 16%. S&P's year-end price target is $52.
9. Celgene (CELG)Company profile: Celgene is a biopharmaceutical company that develops therapies to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory-related diseases. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 16% this year to $78.78 and have a three-year, average annual return of 27%. S&P's year-end price target is $93. 8. Earthlink (ELNK) Company profile: Earthlink is a major provider of dialup Internet services and also offers broadband Internet. In addition, the firm provides value-added services such as web hosting, advertising, voice over Internet protocol telephone services. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 21% this year to $7.86, and have a three-year, average annual return of 7%. S&P's year-end price target is $10. S&P analysts say: "Acquisitions in the business-services area have significantly bolstered sales. We see revenue growth of around 7% to 8% in 2012 and 2013, driven by gains in business services." 7. Coach (COH) Company profile: Coach designs and markets high-end accessories and gifts such as handbags, business cases, footwear, jewelry, sun-wear, travel bags, watches and fragrances. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 21% this year to $74.50 and have a three-year, average annual return of 59%. S&P's year-end price target is $80. S&P analysts say: "We see a growing retail business in Asia and further development of Coach Men's expanding its global market opportunity." 6. American Express (AXP) Company profile: American Express provides charge and credit payment card products, and travel-related services worldwide. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 23% this year to $57.88, and have a three-year, average annual return of 43%. S&P's year-end price target is $70. S&P analysts say: "The company will benefit as consumers and businesses increase their spending in an improving economy. With 56% of revenues from card spending, (it) is positioned well."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV