ERIE, Pa., April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The shareholders of Erie Indemnity Company (NASDAQ: ERIE) at their annual meeting on April 17, 2012, reelected all 13 incumbent Directors to the Company's Board of Directors for a one-year term. The persons elected to the Board (and their tenure on the Board) are:
- J. Ralph Borneman Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Body-Borneman Insurance & Financial Services, LLC. (Director since 1992)
- Terrence W. Cavanaugh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Erie Indemnity Company and related companies (Director since 2008)
- Jonathan Hirt Hagen, Vice Chairman, Custom Group Industries (Director since 2005)
- Susan Hirt Hagen, Co-trustee of H.O. Hirt Trusts (Director since 1980)
- Thomas B. Hagen, Chairman of the Board of Erie Indemnity Company; Chairman/Owner of Custom Group Industries; and general partner of the Hagen Family Limited Partnership (Director since 2007; previous Board service 1979-1998)
- C. Scott Hartz, Chief Executive Officer, Hartz Group; and former CEO of PwC Consulting (Director since 2003)
- Dr. Claude C. Lilly III, Dean, College of Business & Behavioral Science, Clemson University (Director since 2000)
- Lucian L. Morrison, Independent trustee and consultant in trust, estate, probate and qualified plan matters (Director since 2006)
- Thomas W. Palmer, Member and Managing Partner of the law firm of Marshall & Melhorn, LLC (Director since 2006)
- Martin P. Sheffield, Owner, Sheffield Consulting, LLC, insurance consultants (Director since 2010)
- Richard L. Stover, Managing Principal, Birchmere Capital, L.P., private equity fund (Director since 2010)
- Elizabeth Hirt Vorsheck, Co-trustee of H.O. Hirt Trusts (Director since 2007)
- Dr. Robert C. Wilburn, Distinguished Service Professor and Director, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University, Washington, D.C. (Director since 1999)
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 12th largest automobile and 14th largest homeowners insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has over 4.3 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance has also been recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies. The Ward's 50 award analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and nearly 800 life and health insurance companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding financial results in safety and consistency over a five-year period (2006-2010).
News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com.(Logo: https://photos.prnewswire.com/prn/20041112/ERIELOGO ) SOURCE Erie Indemnity Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV