Action to take: With a forward P/E of roughly 13 and a dividend yield of about 5.0%, TECO could earn $1.35 per share this year, a 6% increase compared with 2011. Be prepared to wait for some upward movement in share price. The generous dividend is good compensation for that wait.
All in all, this is not bad for a company that's priced like a traditional utility. I'm comfortable with the company's 67% dividend payout ratio and its ability to generate cash. With this in mind, a modest P/E expansion of 15% would create a 12-month price target of $20 per share. Adding the dividend would bring the total return to 20%. This is definitely not Apple (AAPL) or Google (GOOG)-like return territory, but if you're looking for stability, income and some growth, then this fits the bill.
Adam Fischbaum does not personally hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article.
StreetAuthority LLC owns shares of GOOG in one or more if its "real money" portfolios.Also see:
>>Don't get Caught Holding These Dangerous Income Stocks
>>Russia Could Completely Run Out of This Rare Metal by 2014
>>These Are Exactly the Kinds of Stocks you Want to Own Right Now...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV