This trading session, we are seeing both the index and the ETNs head into negative territory. The VIX is testing its 50-day moving average. In the days ahead it will be interesting to see if it can hold up.
United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) -2.8%UNG's recent three-day climb marks the fund's longest string of winning sessions seen all year. Unfortunately for those trying their luck with this battered product, selling pressure has since made a comeback and the fund is revisiting lifetime lows.
The premium-laden iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) is also heading lower, albeit to a lesser extent.
All prices as of 2:09 PM DST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV