CHICAGO, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Newark element14, the leading distributor of electronic components and engineering solutions in the Americas and a business of Premier Farnell (LSE:pfl), announced today it is now stocking Cirrus Logic's new CS161X LED driver ICs that features digital TruDim™ technology, which enables near 100 percent compatibility with a wide array of dimmers manufactured around the world.
LED retrofit bulbs are considered superior to incandescent and compact fluorescent lamps, due to their superior energy efficiency and long life. However, key barriers to wide adoption have included their poor dimmer compatibility, which can cause flickering or flashing light and hinder the inability to turn the light on or off. The CS161X's digital intelligence allows the controller to identify the type of dimmer in use and adapt its dimmer compatibility algorithm. This is not possible with today's analog controllers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV