Each of these stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
Shares of TJX hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $40.80. The stock's 52-week low of $24.60 was set on June 15.TJX shares currently trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 15.44X times; the average for apparel retailers is 16.56X. For comparison, Kohl's (KSS) has a lower forward P/E of 9.65X; Ross Stores' (ROST) forward P/E is 15.95X. Analyst comment: "TJX reported a March [same-store sales] increase of 10% on top of -1%, versus our and the consensus estimate of a 3% increase and guidance of +1% to +3%," Canaccord analysts wrote in an April 5 report. "MarMaxx also reported 10% SSS growth. The international segments continued to gain momentum, specifically at T.K. Maxx where SSS increased 17% on top of -9%. This is the sixth consecutive month of SSS gains at T.K. Maxx. SSS increased 8% on top of -5% in Canada. HomeGoods SSS were up 6% on top of +7%. Management raised the midpoint of its Q1 EPS guidance by $0.06 to $0.51-$0.52." Twenty of the 31 analysts who cover TJX rate it at buy; 11 analysts give the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives TJX an A+ grade with a buy rating and $52.19 price target. The stock has risen 26.67% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV