USD-CHF: More Weakness Likely
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( fxtechstrategy.com) -- The risk remains for the dollar-Swiss franc currency pair to weaken further.
As long as the 0.9331 level remains as resistance, the pair's weakness that started at the 0.9591 level remains intact.
This leaves the 0.8929 level, the dollar-Swiss franc's Feb. 24 low, as the next downside target.Further down, support comes in at 0.8890, the Nov. 3 low, where a breach will call for further declines toward the 0.8700 psychological level. On the other hand, the pair will have to return to more than 0.9331 to resume its recovery. This will open the door for a run at the 0.9504 level, USD-CHF's Jan. 13 low, and then 0.9591. On the whole, the dollar-Swiss franc currency pair remains biased to the downside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV