Next Instagram-Size Acquisition Could Be Tumblr
By Julia Boorstin, CNBC Correspondent
NEW YORK (CNBC) -- Even if you're not familiar with blogging service Tumblr, you've probably visited one of the 20 billion blog posts on the 50 million blogs the company hosts.
But you may not realize that Tumblr is second only to Facebook in terms of engagement, with its visitors spending an average of 160 minutes on the site each month.
What exactly is Tumblr? It allows anyone to set up a free, simple blog. The idea is for users to be able to quickly post a variety of media--not just text, but also photos, video, and links to content from around the web.When users come across something interesting online, they can click 'Share on Tumblr' for the content to show up on their blog.
More from CNBC
Which is Sexier, Twitter or Facebook?
Photo-Sharing Land Grab
Skylanders: 'Spryo's Adventure' Has Just Begun
--Written by Julia Boorstin at CNBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV