- Miami (Miami-Dade Public Schools) – Approximately 500 volunteers will be on hand at Silver Bluff Elementary, a Provision 2 school in the Little Havana, to repaint the inside of the school, refurbish the computer lab, add a mural and build outdoor planter boxes. The National Council of La Raza will be on hand, along with volunteers from Comcast, Telemundo and NBC6-Miami.
- Philadelphia (Frankford High School, Tyler Arboretum, Downtown Philadelphia) – More than 400 volunteers will work side-by-side with City Year cleaning Frankford High School’s grounds, planting, building picnic benches, painting murals throughout the building, and refurbishing the cafeteria. NBC’s Weekend Today show will also broadcast live from this site Saturday morning. Elsewhere in the Delaware Valley, Cares Day volunteers will celebrate Earth Week by beautifying the Tyler Arboretum in Media, while the Green is Universal team will build a virtual garden in downtown Philadelphia.
- Denver ( Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver) – More than 300 volunteers are expected at the Broncos Branch of the Boys and Girls Club, where they will tackle several projects aimed at upgrading the facility. Work will include painting the entire inside of the club and the outside recreation area, playground clean-up, replanting an herb and vegetable garden, trimming trees, rebuilding shelving, and sanding and painting benches.
- New York City ( Manhattanville Houses) – On the Friday before Comcast Cares Day, more than 150 volunteers from NBCUniversal and City Year and will be giving back to the local community by beautifying the Manhattanville Houses in West Harlem. Employees will join George Oliphant from NBC’s “George to the Rescue” clearing areas to build and plant vegetable gardens and painting wall murals.
- Los Angeles ( Lankershim Elementary School) – This project will be led by the NBCUniversal team in Los Angeles and City Year. More than 300 volunteers will tackle painting projects and make other enhancements to the school grounds, including landscaping, cleaning and decorating outside walls, and improving the playing fields.
- Atlanta ( Atlanta Community Food Bank) – The Food Bank delivers more than 30 million pounds of food each year to 700 agencies. More than 85 Comcast Cares Day volunteers will pack food boxes for distribution and will work on planting and upkeep projects in the food bank’s community garden.
- Dallas ( Earth Day) – NBC5 is sponsoring Earth Day Dallas, an outdoor festival with more than 70,000 community attendees. Approximately 50 Cares Day volunteers will serve as greeters, guides, coordinators, and more.
More Than 67,000 Volunteers Spring Into Action As Comcast And NBCUniversal Celebrate Their Commitment To Communities On 11th Comcast Cares Day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.