NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The restructuring plan laid out by First Solar (FSLR) on Tuesday addresses the market reality that CEO Michael Ahearn encountered last December when he retook control of the solar company. What it can't do is provide answers to the critical questions about First Solar's strategy to succeed in coming years.
"They are responding to 2011, not addressing what could still happen," said Maxim Group analyst Aaron Chew.
The pricing free-fall has picked up again in solar, and the two most important European markets -- Italy and Germany -- have signaled in solar subsidy scheme revisions that the biggest markets for solar will not exist for much longer. "Today's action can't address that," Chew said. So the First Solar restructuring plan cleans up the mess, but isn't the all-clear signal that a rally in shares might lead some to suggest is happening.The best way to view this First Solar rally is one more bounce up from the $20 mark, which serves as the new support level for the stock. Last week, First Solar experienced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV