CurrencyShares Euro Trust
Another eurozone ETF that's getting plenty of Twitter attention this morning is the CurrencyShares Euro Trust (FXE), a fund that gives investors exposure to the movement of the euro. Like EWZ, FXE isn't looking particularly bullish right now - but there's a more predictable move at play in this stock.
FXE is currently forming a descending triangle pattern, with horizontal support at $129.50 and downtrending resistance acting as a sort of ceiling for shares. Essentially, as FXE bounces in between those two technical price levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakdown below that support level at $129.50. When that happens, traders have a signal to bet against this fund.
The next-lowest support level in FXE is $126, a price that acted as a floor for units back at the start of the year. That price provides a good preliminary target when and if $129.50 gets broken to the downside. If you do decide to take this trade, I'd recommend keeping a protective stop just above the 50-day moving average.To see these plays in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV