Arbitron Mobile Launches Smartphone And Tablet Measurement Service In United States
Arbitron Mobile started recruiting the U.S. panel in November 2011. The Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels is now commercially available in the United States. The U.S. panel is a complement to mobile panels that Arbitron Mobile operates in global markets outside of North America. Interested parties may send an inquiry to email@example.com or call (+1) 646 203 9306.
How smartphone owners use their mobile devices
Based on data from the first quarter 2012, among smartphone users, age 18 and older, in the Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels service:
Apps and Internet Browsing
- The top 5 apps are Facebook, Google Search, YouTube, Pandora radio and Yahoo Mail;
- App usage is growing faster than Internet browsing;
- There are 14 apps with a reach of greater than 10 percent among monthly users, and there are 34 apps that have a reach of greater than 5 percent, and;
- The average data traffic (Wi-Fi and cellular) for web browsing among users of Android, Blackberry and Symbian phones is approximately 59 MB per user per month. For Apple iPhones, the average web traffic is 223 MB per user per month.
- Users spend 212 minutes a month reading or sending SMS text messages;
- The average user sends around 11 SMS messages per day, and receives 13;
- More time is spent with email, an average 332 minutes in the month; and
- Out of all communications with smartphones, voice call accounts for only 45 percent of all usage time.
- Social media apps represents 11.1 percent of all smartphone usage;
- Facebook is the top smartphone app with a monthly reach 65.0 percent, accounting for 210 minutes of the average users time in the month; and
- Twitter is the #8 smartphone app with a monthly reach of 13.2 percent, accounting for 107 minutes of the average users time in a month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV