Arbitron Mobile Launches Smartphone And Tablet Measurement Service In United States
COLUMBIA, Md., April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Arbitron Inc. (NYSE: ARB) announced today the launch of a syndicated, mobile consumer research service in the United States. The Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels™ service is a new research offering that utilizes a proprietary, on-device software meter to provide marketers, content providers, app developers and wireless access suppliers with information on how mobile consumers use apps, surf the web, engage in social media, participate in e-commerce, are exposed to and act on advertising, and employ their device to communicate.
The U.S. implementation of the Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels service features an opt-in panel of approximately 6,000 smartphone and tablet users initially recruited beginning in November 2011 by Arbitron Mobile, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Arbitron Inc.
The service is designed to report reach, frequency, usage and consumer engagement with all key functions and activities of their mobile devices, whether the device is online, connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network, or used offline.
The Arbitron Mobile™ measurement technology is also capable of serving real-time, context-sensitive questionnaires directly to a user's mobile device, a feature designed for custom research studies of the user experience or for ad effectiveness studies.Said Dr. Hannu Verkasalo, Senior Vice President, Arbitron Mobile: "Consumers have embraced mobile as a primary way to access online content, media, messaging and social networking. With the debut of our Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels service, we are working to become a leading provider of insights for the mobile and media industry into the top mobile apps, web sites, devices and usage patterns, as well as mobile advertising, search and commerce." The Arbitron Mobile Trends Panels service is designed to help marketers, app developers, content and wireless providers answer key questions about the mobile consumer:
- how popular is an app overall and by category;
- what the key differences in mobile use patterns are by operating system;
- how much time users spend with content, apps or activities such as messaging;
- how people act on mobile advertising;
- where consumers come from to find content;
- where they go when they leave; and
- what a day in the life of the mobile consumer looks like.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV