ATLANTA, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced summary results of its latest SmartHub® e-commerce benchmark analysis, which was based on a sampling of orders placed in February of this year.
SmartHub® is Innotrac's research and strategy layer, providing clients and partners with consultative services, including end-to-end intelligence of the online retail purchase cycle. From the pre-order site experience all the way through the final steps of the returns process, Innotrac's 56-point methodology analyzes each important customer touch point, charting retailers on everything from the checkout experience, to evaluation of the packaging material used in shipment. SmartHub® also encompasses custom research and analysis available for current clients who are confronting the challenges of building and nurturing their eCommerce channel.
"The continued expansion of SmartHub® is reflective of our efforts to be a true strategic partner for our clients," said Jon Eggleton, Innotrac's Vice President of Marketing & eCommerce. "They expect us to be more than just a fulfillment and contact center solutions provider, and SmartHub® is one way in which we can add more value to those relationships."
SmartHub® evaluated 100 leading U.S. e-retailers across six different product categories in February for its latest report, SmartHub® release 2.0. Among the findings:
- The average number of checkout pages required to complete an order was three; only 7% of merchants surveyed offered one-page checkout as an option.
- 96% of merchants surveyed were able to confirm inventory of a purchased item through customer service, however, of those who had more than one distribution channel (e.g. online plus physical stores, or catalog), only 47% of CSRs appeared to have visibility into activity happening outside of the e-commerce or direct channel.
- 65% of all merchants surveyed were able to ship packages to customers in three days or less, a slight improvement from the busy Q4 holiday season. Merchants in the Housewares/Home category were most expedient, with 74% of orders received within three business days.
- 38% of all merchants utilized some sort of branded packaging, either inside or outside the box, up from 29% in Q4. Health/Beauty merchants were most aggressive, with 53% utilizing branded packaging, the only category in the survey that indexed higher than 50%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV