- The average number of checkout pages required to complete an order was three; only 7% of merchants surveyed offered one-page checkout as an option.
- 96% of merchants surveyed were able to confirm inventory of a purchased item through customer service, however, of those who had more than one distribution channel (e.g. online plus physical stores, or catalog), only 47% of CSRs appeared to have visibility into activity happening outside of the e-commerce or direct channel.
- 65% of all merchants surveyed were able to ship packages to customers in three days or less, a slight improvement from the busy Q4 holiday season. Merchants in the Housewares/Home category were most expedient, with 74% of orders received within three business days.
- 38% of all merchants utilized some sort of branded packaging, either inside or outside the box, up from 29% in Q4. Health/Beauty merchants were most aggressive, with 53% utilizing branded packaging, the only category in the survey that indexed higher than 50%.
Innotrac Shares Findings Of February ECommerce Benchmarking Study
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts