- The average number of checkout pages required to complete an order was three; only 7% of merchants surveyed offered one-page checkout as an option.
- 96% of merchants surveyed were able to confirm inventory of a purchased item through customer service, however, of those who had more than one distribution channel (e.g. online plus physical stores, or catalog), only 47% of CSRs appeared to have visibility into activity happening outside of the e-commerce or direct channel.
- 65% of all merchants surveyed were able to ship packages to customers in three days or less, a slight improvement from the busy Q4 holiday season. Merchants in the Housewares/Home category were most expedient, with 74% of orders received within three business days.
- 38% of all merchants utilized some sort of branded packaging, either inside or outside the box, up from 29% in Q4. Health/Beauty merchants were most aggressive, with 53% utilizing branded packaging, the only category in the survey that indexed higher than 50%.
Innotrac Shares Findings Of February ECommerce Benchmarking Study
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.