The Fight to Win Your Breakfast Dollar
By Darren Rovell,CNBC Sports Business Reporter
NEW YORK (CNBC) --The fight is on to make your breakfast.
Why? Because it's the fastest growing segment of the quick service restaurant business.
Market research firm NPD Group says that 80% of morning meals are purchased from fast food establishments and research shows that people care less about the price of their breakfast than any other meal because it's so much about convenience and speed.The way to a consumer's stomach might be through their coffee. Market research firm Technomic says that 33% of consumers who buy coffee are loyal to that brand or restaurant that sells it to them. That's up from 25% in 2009.
More from CNBC
Cyr: Food Inflation Squeezing Juice Business
Is Coconut Water Headed for a Boom or Bust?
Why Chipolte is Too Hot, Why One Trader Can't Stand Morgan Stanley
--Written by Darren Rovell at CNBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV