PLYMOUTH, Mich., April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On Saturday, April 21, more than 2,700 local Comcast employees, their families and friends are expected to volunteer and assist nonprofit organizations around the state as part of Comcast's "Comcast Cares Day."
Over the previous ten Comcast Cares Days, Comcast volunteers have dedicated more than 2.1 million hours of service. The company has also contributed more than $10.5 million in grants to organizations nationwide. Comcast Cares Day is one way that Comcast helps to power dreams and demonstrate a year-round commitment to making a difference in the communities it serves.
During the week of April 16, and culminating with eleven simultaneous community projects across the state on April 21, local Comcast employees, their families and friends will lend a hand at various nonprofit organizations to perform community improvement activities, including: building a duck pond in downtown Detroit; cleaning and beautifying neighborhoods; and sorting and packing food for the needy at multiple food banks.
"Today, for the 11th time since 2001, we once again celebrate Comcast Cares Day. Since the program's inception, more than 360,000 Comcast employees, their families and friends have contributed their time to their communities," said Tim Collins, Senior Vice President for Comcast in Michigan. "Today, we will surpass 2.5 million total hours of service. Comcast Cares Day is about coming together to have a positive impact on our communities, and I am truly proud to join my fellow employees as we continue in that mission."The Comcast Foundation will also provide grants to local community partner organizations across the country on behalf of each employee and family member who volunteers on Comcast Cares Day. The grants will help Comcast's community partners continue their mission of serving the community throughout the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV