Projected 2012 sales growth: 15%
2013 sales growth: 21%2014 sales growth: 27% We've made an exception for D.R. Horton (DHI), which is expected to boost sales by "only" 15% this year. This homebuilder owns various swaths of yet-to-be-developed real estate, and analysts expect home building activity to steadily rebound in coming years after several years of under-building. D.R. Horton is a favorite of some analysts due to a strong record of keeping costs very low. The fact that overhead expenses are now half of what they were back in 2006 means that the company has a huge amount of operating leverage as sales rise. You can see that leverage in analysts' bottom-line forecasts. D.R. Horton is expected to more than double profits in fiscal (September) 2012 to around 50 cents, and EPS is expected hit 80 cents in fiscal 2013 and $1 a share in 2014. Shares have pulled back a bit recently in the face of a possible slowdown in housing sentiment this spring that has affected all home builders, but this kind of growth potential makes shares attractive for investors that have a multiyear time frame. D.R. Horton shows up on a list of 10 Stocks Leading the Way in the Housing Recovery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV