HERZLIYA, Israel, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
XTL Biopharmaceuticals Ltd. (TASE: XTL) (OTC: XTLBY) (the "Company"), a biopharmaceutical development company, announced yesterday that Dr. Ben-Zion Weiner, Ph.D., has been named as director of the Company's board of directors.
Since 2012, Dr. Weiner serves as Special Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Nasdaq: TEVA, TASE: TEVA.TA). Dr. Weiner brings to XTL his vast experience in pharmaceutical development, from R&D to regulatory approval. Dr. Weiner has been with Teva for 36 years.
"I am very pleased to have joined XTL as member of the board of directors and I will use my R&D expertise in the product development of the Company," said Dr. Weiner.Dr. Weiner received his Ph.D. in chemistry from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, where he also earned B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees, followed by a post-doctoral fellowship at Schering-Plough Corporation in the United States. He was granted the Rothschild Prize for Innovation/Export twice, in 1989 for the development of Alpha D3 for dialysis and osteoporosis, and in 1999 for the development of Copaxone® for multiple sclerosis. David Grossman, XTL's CEO commented "Dr. Weiner brings with him 40 years of drug development experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with large number of New Drug Application approvals under his leadership. We are very pleased that he joined our board, and believe his experience will be extremely valuable as we progress with our clinical development programs." About XTL Biopharmaceuticals, Ltd. ("XTL") XTL Biopharmaceuticals, Ltd., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of clinical unmet needs. XTL is focused on late stage clinical development of drugs for the treatment of multiple myeloma, schizophrenia, and hepatitis C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV