Newfield Exploration: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was up 13.38 points, or 0.98%, to 1,382.95.
Shares of Newfield Exploration rose 6% Tuesday morning to $34.26. The energy company was upgraded to buy from hold by Jefferies analysts on Tuesday. The analysts have a $46 price target on the stock.
Newfield Exploration hit a 52-week low on April 12 of $32.25. The stock's 52-week high of $75.40 was set on May 20.Newfield Exploration has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.14 times; the average for exploration and production companies is 46.08. For comparison, Linn Energy (LINE) has a higher forward P/E of 16.58. Sixteen of the 29 analysts who cover Newfield Exploration rated it buy. Twelve analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 9.2% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV