Analysts expect a decent quarter from IBM, which is the first major enterprise IT company to report quarterly results.
Early on Tuesday, Big Blue announced an $850 million deal to sell its retail Point-of-Sale systems and solutions business to Toshiba subsidiaryToshiba Tec. The deal is expected to close late in the second quarter or early in the third quarter of 2012.
As part of the deal, Toshiba Tec is entering into a multi-year agreement to become a premier business partner for IBM's Smarter Commerce offerings.Intel (INTC) also reports its first-quarter results after the market close. The chip giant's shares are up 0.3% today. Shares of embattled Internet giant Yahoo! (YHOO) crept up 0.5% ahead of the company's first-quarter results, which also come after the market close. Apple (AAPL) was one of the most active Nasdaq stocks on pre-market share volume of 402,122. Shares of Apple, which tumbled more than 4% on Monday, gained 0.5%. Research In Motion (RIMM) was another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 150,050. On Monday, Bloomberg reported that the troubled handset maker is in discussions with a financial adviser to help it weigh its strategic options. Shares of RIM, which declined to comment on the story when contacted by TheStreet, are down 0.3% before the market open. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV