Livestream needed a way to handle its rapidly growing video library. The company evaluated multiple solutions from leading storage vendors to more 'self-serve' solutions. Livestream selected EMC Isilon scale-out NAS for several reasons: the system's density allowed Livestream to reduce power, cooling and footprint data center requirements; the ease of management considerably cut administrative efforts; and the much-heightened capacity enabled Livestream to scale up quickly without sacrificing performance and disrupting the user experience.
As Livestream continues to grow, the need for storage capacity continues to accelerate. Isilon's scale-out NAS architecture allows Livestream to plan for the future and easily add nodes to its
X-Series systems to increase capacity while improving performance. With the Isilon OneFS operating system, Livestream has automated management tasks that previously required dedicated effort to manage. The company relies on Isilon
SnapShotIQ to track resource usage, provide optimal node utilization, and protect customers' data.
Nicholas Tang, vice president, development operations, Livestream
"We're a fast growing startup, so it's critical that we choose a storage product that can meet our needs within a startup's budget. EMC Isilon was a perfect choice - not only did the product lower our operating costs, but it enabled us to seamlessly scale with user demand. And it's so simple to use. It just works."
Sam Grocott, vice president of marketing, EMC Isilon
"Event organizers, content owners, celebrities and artists around the world use Livestream's broadcasting tools to engage and grow their audiences on the Web. With EMC Isilon, Livestream can continue to deliver this content by providing them with a storage environment nimble enough to keep up with user demand for content storage, access, and sharing."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV