HOPKINTON, Mass., April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The EMC Symmetrix Data at Rest Encryption module(1) has been FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 validated by the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP)(2). FIPS 140-2 is an internationally recognized validation of cryptographic modules and is required for all sales of cryptographic modules used for data protection into the US federal market.
- EMC is the first enterprise storage vendor to achieve a FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption solution for all drive types—including Flash technology—offering both security and performance advantages gained through the use of EMC FAST VP (Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Pools).
- The FIPS 140-2 validated EMC Symmetrix Data at Rest Encryption module(3) protects information from loss or theft, and enables cost-effective elimination of customer data when retiring an array.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that EMC Symmetrix Data at Rest Encryption module for VMAX is now FIPS 140-2 compliant and validated by the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP), a joint effort of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC). Now customers can be confident with FIPS140-2-validated encryption while taking full advantage of EMC's automated storage tiering technologies for price and performance optimization, including EMC FAST VP, in a secure and trusted environment. EMC continues to strengthen protection around customers' most valuable asset – their information – to deliver the industry's most secure and trusted enterprise storage array. Customers have the assurance that an independent, globally recognized third party (CMVP) has examined the EMC Data at Rest Encryption method in detail and validated that it complies with strict cryptographic requirements.FIPS 140-2 is an officially recognized North American standard that validates proper use of standard, peer-reviewed methods of encryption. FIPS 140-2 validated encryption of data at rest is required for compliance with many security standards, especially in the US federal market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV