MADRID, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) and RheinEnergie, the energy provider for Cologne, Germany, have reached a major milestone right on schedule in helping Cologne become a "smart city." Through the installation of smart meters, around 30,000 households in Cologne now benefit from the most modern meter technology available. The announcement was made at the SAP Conference for Utilities 2012, being held April 17-19 in Madrid.
Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) integration technology allows customers to keep an eye on their current and previous energy consumption at all times. The transparency helps them better control their consumption, use energy more efficiently, protect the environment and save money.
"This innovative flagship project for the German market impressively shows how intelligent meter technology can optimize business processes, and highlights the crucial role played by a 'smart' customer information system," said Thomas Breuer, executive board member, RheinEnergie.RheinEnergie has installed around 30,000 smart meters in 350 larger apartment buildings in Cologne. The devices record electricity, gas and water data, and were specially designed to meet the requirements of RheinEnergie and its home city. They are an important building block for the future "SmartCity Cologne," and enable high data security. SAP® AMI Integration for Utilities software helps ensure a reliable networking of technical and commercial processes. As a result, RheinEnergie can now better react to the needs of its customers and offer special services and rates. To learn more, visit the SAP AMI Integration for Utilities page on sap.com. For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews. Media Contact: Birgit Krauter, +49 (0) 151 44614373, email@example.com, CET SOURCE SAP AG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV