HILDEN, Germany, and GERMANTOWN, Maryland, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Both products receive 510(k) clearance for in vitro diagnostic use in the U.S.
- Rotor-Gene Q MDx platform offers automated real-time PCR testing in molecular in vitro diagnostic applications
- Influenza A/B assay the first QIAGEN test to receive 510(k)clearance for IVD use on Rotor-Gene Q MDx platform in the U.S., paving the way for further test menu expansion
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted two 510(k) clearances for its real-time PCR (polymerase chain reaction) instrument Rotor-Gene Q MDx and a compatible test for the detection of Influenza A/B, the artus Infl A/B RG RT-PCR Kit, for in vitro diagnostic use (IVD).
"The FDA clearances for the Rotor-Gene Q MDx along with the first assay for use on this system represent an important milestone for QIAGEN," said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V." The various Rotor-Gene Q models marketed by QIAGEN are not only an integral part of our revolutionary lab automation platform QIAsymphony RGQ, but are also among the most widely used stand-alone molecular detection platforms worldwide. Outside the U.S., our customers already have access to a broad portfolio of molecular diagnostic tests for use on these platforms. The FDA clearances now pave the way to make this market-leading assay portfolio available to clinical laboratories in the U.S. as well."
The Rotor-Gene Q MDx instrument is an automated molecular detection platform based on real-time PCR technology. The system is intended for in vitro diagnostic use with FDA cleared or approved nucleic acid tests in clinical laboratories. The platform uses a unique centrifugal rotary design to amplify and quantify DNA molecules, enabling a near-perfect well-to-well thermal and optical uniformity and a fast data acquisition rate. These qualities make the Rotor-Gene Q MDxa preferred choice for IVD molecular diagnostic applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV