Vornado, Goldman Sachs: S&P Gainers
The S&P ticked down 0.69 points, or 0.05%, to 1,369.57 on a mixed day of trading.
Shares of Vornado rose 2.76% to $82.15 on Monday. The real estate investment trust's chairman, Steven Roth, wrote in an annual investor letter that Vornado intends to decrease its enclosed-mall holdings and sell any non-core assets, according to Bloomberg. One of these non-core assets is a stake in Toys R Us.
Roth also noted in that letter that "everything is on the table."Vornado has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 49.64X; the average for industrial and office REITs is 50.07X. For comparison, Boston Properties (BXP) has a higher forward P/E of 62.32X. Ten of the 14 analysts who cover Vornado rate it at hold. Three analysts give the stock a buy rating and one rates it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Vornado a B- grade with a buy rating and $93.59 price target. The stock has risen 6.88% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV