The iPhone maker had recently reached a $600 billion market cap for the first time. Apple shares today slipped $21.38, or 3.5%, to $583.85 during Monday trading as the Nasdaq fell 0.7%.
"We believe this could be a simple 'collapsing' on its own weight given the year-to-date move
Apple shares have climbed more than 44% this year, easily outpacing the Nasdaq's gain of 14.89% and the S&P 500's increase of 9.1%.Shares of rival Nokia (NOK), however, rallied Monday, gaining 12 cents, or 2.9%, to reach $4.14. The Finnish handset maker's stock declined before the market open after Moody's downgraded the company's long-term credit rating. IBM (IBM), which reports its fiscal first-quarter results after the market close Tuesday, was up $1.54, or 0.8%, to $204.34. In a research note released early on Monday, Credit Suisse (CS) predicted a solid quarter from the tech giant, and raised its IBM price target from $175 to $200. Chip giant Intel (INTC) was also one of the tech sector's winners, gaining 35 cents, or 1.25%, to reach $28.44. Intel also reports its first-quarter numbers after market close Tuesday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV