Nearest Resistance: $14.50
Nearest Support: $13.50Catalyst: Earnings Newspaper stock Gannett (GCI) is facing a similar fate, albeit under different circumstances. Gannett actually posted positive earnings surprise this morning, turning out profits of 34 cents per share; Wall Street had only expected earnings of 30.9 cents for the first quarter. While newspapers haven't exactly been the hot industry in recent years, the market's reaction to GCI's earnings speaks more to sentiment right now than it does to the firm's results. From a technical standpoint, shares broke down below previous support at $14.50 today, cracking a price level where shares had been readily able to catch a bid for the past few months. As with Mattel, I'd recommend waiting for a more robust support level to get identified before becoming a buyer of this stock. Gannett shows up on a recent list of 4 Value Stocks for the Contrarian Investor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV