"Working and playing at the same time during their 60s won't be the ideal approach for everyone, but it underscores the need for young investors to begin saving for retirement as early and as much as possible," Ms. Fahlund said. "That's the key factor in eventually having enough money to start retirement and being able to stop working at a time of one's own choosing."
Harris Interactive is one of the world's leading custom market research firms. Known widely for the Harris Poll and for pioneering innovative research methodologies, Harris serves clients in over 215 countries and territories through its North American and European offices and a network of independent market research firms. For more information, please visit www.harrisinteractive.com.
Founded in 1937, Baltimore-based T. Rowe Price is a global investment management organization with $489.5 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2011. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The company also offers a variety of sophisticated investment planning and guidance tools. T. Rowe Price's disciplined, risk-aware investment approach focuses on diversification, style consistency, and fundamental research.
About the SurveyThe survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of T. Rowe Price from December 1-12, 2011, among 860 adults aged 21-50 who have at least one investment account. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For additional information about the survey, please contact Bill Benintende at firstname.lastname@example.org. SOURCE T. Rowe Price Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV