NEW YORK, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks of the Beach Boys will perform a special concert for SiriusXM listeners days before the legendary band's global "50th Anniversary Tour" kicks off, as part of SiriusXM's "Artist Confidential" series.
The "Artist Confidential" will feature the Beach Boys performing songs from their five-decade career and music from their new album, scheduled to be released this summer; and talking with SiriusXM host Jim Ladd about their upcoming "50th Anniversary Tour."
The special performance, scheduled to take place on Thursday, April 19, will debut on SiriusXM during its "Beach Boys Endless Summer Weekend," the four-day special featuring music by the Beach Boys and other sounds of summer from the 1960s. The "Beach Boys Endless Summer Weekend" will air over Memorial Day Weekend: Friday, May 25 at 6:00 pm ET through Monday, May 28 on '60s on 6, channel 6. The "Artist Confidential" will air on Saturday, May 26 at 12:00 pm ET."Beach Boys fans span multiple generations, and we are excited to give our subscribers a special taste of this legendary group just as they set out on their global 50th anniversary tour," said Steve Blatter, Senior Vice President, Music Programming, SiriusXM. The Beach Boys, America's first pop band to reach the 50 year milestone, continue to hold Billboard/Nielsen SoundScan's record as the top-selling American band for albums and singles, and they are also the American group with the most Billboard Top 40 chart hits with 36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV