Linear Technology (LLTC) designs, manufactures and markets a line of linear analog integrated circuits for companies worldwide. The stock is trading up 1.6% at $32.58 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.38 millionAverage Volume: 2.41 million Volume % Change: 115% Shares of LLTC are moving modestly higher today in front of the company's earnings report which is set for Tuesday after the market close. From a technical perspective, LLTC is starting to move above its 50-day moving average today of $33.25 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing LLTC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once LLTC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $34 to $34.50 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades post-earnings in LLTC if it can take out those levels and its 2011 high of $35.12 with volume that's near or well above 2,413,600 shares. If we get that action, then look for LLTC to make a run at $37 to $40 in the near-term. Linear Technology was also featured recently in "6 Tech Stocks That Rate Better Than Apple."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV