Linear Technology (LLTC) designs, manufactures and markets a line of linear analog integrated circuits for companies worldwide. The stock is trading up 1.6% at $32.58 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.38 millionAverage Volume: 2.41 million Volume % Change: 115% Shares of LLTC are moving modestly higher today in front of the company's earnings report which is set for Tuesday after the market close. From a technical perspective, LLTC is starting to move above its 50-day moving average today of $33.25 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing LLTC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once LLTC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $34 to $34.50 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades post-earnings in LLTC if it can take out those levels and its 2011 high of $35.12 with volume that's near or well above 2,413,600 shares. If we get that action, then look for LLTC to make a run at $37 to $40 in the near-term. Linear Technology was also featured recently in "6 Tech Stocks That Rate Better Than Apple."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV