TowneBank (TOWN) is a Virginia-chartered bank. TowneBank offers retail and commercial banking services to the Greater Hampton Roads region in Southeastern Virginia. This stock is trading up 3.6% at $13.39 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 66,000Average Volume: 63,921 Volume % Change: 50% >>5 Bank Stocks Worth a Second Look From a technical perspective, TOWN is moving sharply higher today on decent volume. This move is pushing the stock right up to its 50-day moving average of $13.48, and within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once TOWN takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $13.69 to $13.75 with high volume. Traders show now look for long biased trades in TOWN if it can clear those levels with volume that's near or well above 63,921 shares. If we get that action soon, look for this stock to re-test its recent high of $14.63 and potentially move above it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV