Seagate Technology (STX) designs, manufactures, markets and sells hard disk drives. The stock is trading up 3.7% at $28.41 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 11 millionAverage Volume: 11.7 million Volume % Change: 121% Shares of STX are ripping higher today ahead of the company's earnings report which is scheduled for Tuesday after the market close. From a technical perspective, STX has started to flirt with a major breakout trade today since the stock is challenging some near-term overhead resistance at $28.63 with heavy volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in STX if it can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above $28.63 following its earnings report. Look for volume on that move that registers near or above 11,720,600 shares. If we get that action, look for STX to trade over $30 a share post-earnings. As of the most recently reported quarter, Seagate was one of the top holdings at David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV