NEW YORK --
Coca-Cola (KO), the beverage giant, is expected by analysts Tuesday to post first-quarter profit of 88 cents a share on revenue of $10.82 billion.
Health care company Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) will earn $1.35 a share in its first quarter on revenue of $16.28 billion, according to analysts. Johnson & Johnson posts earnings before the opening bell Tuesday.Calling Shenanigans on Amylin Pharma
Goldman Sachs (GS) is expected by analysts to earn $3.55 a share in the first quarter on revenue of $9.45 billion. Goldman beat the average analysts' profit view for the fourth quarter, but missed in the two preceding quarters. Meanwhile, the consensus revenue estimate is 20% below last year's reported first-quarter total of $11.89 billion. Citigroup Earnings Tell a Solid Revenue Story
Research In Motion (KITD), the BlackBerry maker, is considering hiring bankers to help it weigh its strategic options. Bloomberg reported that RIM is considering hiring one Canadian bank and one global bank. The company had indicated a willingness to look at its strategic options during its recent earnings conference call. Even an Analyst Long on Chesapeake Energy Can't Say 'Buy'
Intel (INTC) reports earnings after the closing bell Tuesday. Intel, the world's biggest chipmaker, is expected by analysts to post a quarterly profit of 50 cents a share on revenue of $12.84 billion. UBS is expecting an in-line, first-quarter performance from Intel, although it has a "bias" to the upside as hard disk drive supply constraints start to ease.
IBM (IBM) also reports after Tuesday's closing bell and analysts expect first-quarter operating earnings of $2.65 a share on sales of $24.8 billion. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV