Rating Change #9
AECOM Technology Corporation (ACM) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.51, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ACM's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.63 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Construction & Engineering industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $56.87 million to $47.93 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, AECOM TECHNOLOGY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
AECOM Technology Corporation provides professional technical and management support services for commercial and government clients worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. AECOM Technology has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 5.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.You can view the full AECOM Technology Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts