CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second consecutive year, Lance® Sandwich Crackers and its parent company, Snyder's-Lance, Inc., are joining JDRF in the organization's efforts toward curing, better treating and preventing type 1 diabetes (T1D) and its complications.
Lance® Sandwich Crackers will be the 2012-2013 Silver Sponsor/Kids Activity Sponsor for JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes events in five cities: Charlotte, Boston, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Cincinnati. As the Kids Activity Sponsor, Lance® will host fun children's activities pre- and post-walk and provide sandwich cracker samples within the on-site Kids Fun Zone.
In addition, Charlotte-based Snyder's-Lance, Inc. will be a presenting sponsor of the JDRF Charlotte Walk to Cure Diabetes, where more than 6,500 adults and children are expected to participate in the three-mile walk. Lance® Sandwich Crackers and Snyder's-Lance, Inc. were also signature sponsors in five cities for the 2011-2012 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes.
"Through our participation in the JDRF walks last year, we saw just how much this partnership means to our consumers and our employees," said Sid Levy, director of communications and community relations at Snyder's-Lance, Inc. "We look forward to working together for another year to raise awareness and support JDRF's efforts to cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes and its complications.""We are thrilled to have the support and sponsorship of Lance once again this year," said Mania Boyder, senior vice president of development for JDRF. "The festive atmosphere that Lance brings to the Kids Fun Zone adds a spirit of togetherness, hope and energy to the Walks, and that is what this is truly all about. It's that kind of spirit that will help us erase type 1 diabetes altogether."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV