The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Early last week, I introduced two media stocks I consider sells -- Netflix (NFLX) and Sirius XM (SIRI) -- and six I consider buys -- Rogers Communications (RCI), Bell Canada (BCE), Time Warner (TWX), Disney (DIS), Pandora (P) and Madison Square Garden (MSG).
Later in the week, I outlined my bull case for both Rogers and Bell, and today I'll explain why I like Pandora.
When I go long media stocks, I do so with a time horizon measured in years, not months and weeks. I also consider five key criteria when making my selections:
- Massive and/or rapidly growing revenue
- Multiple, diverse streams of revenue
- Multiplatform delivery of premium content
- Direct control over premium content
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV