Vornado Realty Trust: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was falling 2.35 points, or 0.17%, to 1,367.91.
Shares of Vornado Realty rose 3.18% to $82.48. The real estate investment trust's chairman, Steven Roth, said in a recent annual letter to investors that the company intends to decrease its enclosed-mall holdings and sell any non-core assets, according to Bloomberg. One of these non-core assets is a stake in Toys R Us.
Roth noted in that letter that "everything is on the table," Reuters reported.Vornado has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 49.84 times; the average for industrial and office REITs is 49.98. For comparison, Boston Properties (BXP) has a higher forward P/E of 62.06. Ten of the 14 analysts who cover Vornado rated it hold. Three analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. The stock has risen 7.4% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV