Over $1 Million In SBA Disaster Loans Approved In Tennessee; SBA Urges Return Of Applications Before May 15 Deadline
ATLANTA, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved more than $1 million in disaster assistance loans for Tennessee residents and businesses affected by the Feb. 29 through March 2, 2012 severe storms, tornadoes, winds and flooding. The deadline to apply for physical damage is May 15.
"Currently 24 home and business disaster loans have been approved in the amount of $1,741,900 for affected survivors," said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA's Field Operations Center East in Atlanta. "We are pleased to be able to get these loans approved so residents and businesses in the disaster area can start to rebuild and resume their normal lives."
"We encourage all affected businesses, homeowners and renters and non-profits in the primary counties of
Polk to consider applying as we want to offer disaster recovery loan assistance to those who need support rebuilding," said
Walter Perry, District Director of SBA's Tennessee District Office.
Anyone with insured losses should not wait for an insurance settlement before applying to the SBA. If someone does not know how much of their loss will be covered by insurance or other sources, the SBA will consider making a loan for the total loss up to its loan limits, provided they agree to use insurance proceeds to reduce or repay their SBA loan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV