Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) continues its legacy of addressing global challenges with local action as thousands of Ingersoll Rand employees worldwide participate in Earth Day 2012 activities April 16-27.
Building upon a corporate culture of volunteerism and community concern, employees on six continents will mobilize and expand the number of local Ingersoll Rand employee volunteer groups, called Green Teams. Some activities to take place during Earth week include:
- Carmel, Ind.: employees will participate in a work-at-home-Wednesday event, to demonstrate that telecommuting options can reduce their carbon footprint. Additional activities include tree plantings and bike-to-work initiatives.
- Dublin, Ireland: employees at the site will promote responsible consumption and conduct a swap day to exchange clothes, sports equipment and children’s toys. Anything that is not swapped will be donated to a local charity, Enable Ireland.
- La Crosse, Wis.: employees will plant trees focusing on environmental stewardship, while also joining the LifeSteps team for 5K run/walk/roll for Avery's Wish for Diabetes Research
- Davidson, NC: employees will conduct a week-long series of events, focusing on alternative transportation, environmental stewardship and special executive presentations.
All of these efforts support the Earth Day Network’s 2012 campaign “Mobilize the Earth”.
“From grassroots efforts to corporate commitments and initiatives, Ingersoll Rand continues to show its leadership in energy efficiency, environmental protection and sustainability,” said John Conover, president of Security Technologies and chair of the Ingersoll Rand Sustainability Strategy Council. “We are proud that our employees take action and truly improve the environment where they live and work.”In addition to the Earth Day events, Ingersoll Rand will release its 2012 annual and sustainability report on April 23, which details the impact of Ingersoll Rand’s financial, social and environmental performance. The report also illustrates how Ingersoll Rand offers products and technologies to meet the challenges brought about by increased resource constraints, competitiveness and rapid urbanization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV