PLANO, Texas, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PepsiCo's Frito-Lay North America division announced today the expansion of the Smartfood brand to include popped chips, popcorn, and puffed corn under the Smartfood Selects name.
Smartfood Selects snacks are made with all natural ingredients – no artificial flavors or preservatives, or ingredients such as monosodium glutamate (MSG). To help busy consumers make informed choices, each package features nutrition icons on the front of the package that highlight calories per serving, saturated fat, sodium, and sugar. Select items carry a whole grain stamp that helps clearly identify which products offer at least 8 grams of whole grains. Smartfood Selects products can be found in the "natural aisle" of most grocery stores.
"Consumers have come to expect added value from the products they buy, and snacks are no exception. Great taste is a must, but consumers also demand smart options," said Daniel Naor, senior vice president of growth ventures, Frito-Lay North America. " Smartfood Selects offer a variety of light-textured and airy snacks with smart combinations of herbs and spices, and all natural ingredients."
The Smartfood brand has been creating delicious, fresh-tasting White Cheddar Cheese popcorn for the past 25 years. The new line of Smartfood Selects snacks features a smart combination of select ingredients to create delicious flavors:
- Parmesan Herb Popcorn : The bold cheese flavor of Parmesan and the herb aromatics of basil and parsley are a perfect combination. Garlic, onion, and black pepper round out the flavors.
- Buffalo Cheddar Popcorn : This zesty flavor combination is inspired by spicy buffalo wing sauce, cooled by cheddar cheese. It's made even more delicious with hints of cayenne, pepper, vinegar, paprika, garlic, and onion.
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn : The bittersweet molasses in sweet brown sugar pairs perfectly with warm, woody cinnamon for a delicious combination.
- Sour Cream Onion Puffed Corn : Sour cream and onion work so well together because the cooling effect of sour cream balances the up-front, tangy flavor of onion. A tasteful touch of herbs complement this classic, popular flavor combination.
- Italian Herb Multigrain Popped Chips : Basil and oregano grow happily together in the Mediterranean climate, which is why they are such a great pair in Italian cooking.
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Multigrain Popped Chips : This flavor is twice as nice, starting with a naturally sweet blend of grains in the multigrain chips, and then topped off with cinnamon and brown sugar for a delightfully sweet treat.
- Feta Herb Hummus Popped Chips : Herbs are a natural accompaniment to cheese. This delicious recipe combines feta cheese with rosemary, basil, and black pepper for flavor that perfectly complements the hummus popped chip.
- Garlic Tomato Basil Hummus Popped Chips : By roasting the garlic in this hummus-based popped chip, the natural sugars have been caramelized to give it a sweet flavor. Parmesan, tomato, basil, and thyme complement the garlic.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts