In preparation for its upcoming Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) today issued its 2012 Annual Report, Proxy Statement and Global Responsibility Report. This year’s materials include expanded reports available online and through Walmart’s new Investor Relations application on the iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ mobile devices. The comprehensive package provides shareholders with more efficient ways to learn about Walmart’s achievements in the last fiscal year, priorities for this year and progress toward the company’s long-term goals.
“There is no doubt Walmart is the best-positioned global retailer,” said Walmart President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Duke in his letter to shareholders, noting net sales last year increased by 5.9 percent to $443.9 billion. “We believe that we have all the pieces in place to build on our success and deliver value for our customers and shareholders again this year. We continue to strengthen our next generation Walmart efforts, investing in people, technology, innovation and infrastructure. It is rooted in our culture to stay out in front of change.
“Though we are never satisfied, I am pleased with our progress over the year. Looking ahead, we have a clear understanding of what we need to do at Walmart to drive long-term shareholder value and deliver on our mission,” said Duke, who listed the five strategies that are key to Walmart’s future:
- Developing the company’s people;
- Driving the productivity loop that enables Walmart to operate for less, so the company can sell for less and increase sales;
- Winning in Global eCommerce;
- Reinvigorating Walmart’s customer-focused culture; and
- Leading on social and environmental issues.
The reports also celebrate the 50 th anniversary of the opening of Sam Walton’s first Walmart store, in Rogers, Ark.“From the day the doors opened in Rogers, on July 2, 1962, Walmart’s culture has been built on a common purpose: saving people money so they can live better. That one store changed the way that retail works, and that continues to this day,” said Duke. “There is no limit to the difference Walmart associates can make for our shareholders, customers and the world around us.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV