For instance, faith in SPDR Select Sector Staples (XLP) has rarely been higher. Its uptrend remains entirely intact and it is a mere -2.5% off of its multi-year peak.
In the same manner, there are a wide variety of less volatile income producers that could be bought on the dips, from Vanguard High Dividend Yield (VYM) to Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY). The 3.5%-5.5% annualized income should help to offset the persistent fears of a cataclysmic end to the investment universe. Either way, appropriate ETF hedges and intelligent stop-limit loss orders should help one rest easier about “being in.”
You can listen to the ETF Expert Radio Show "LIVE", via podcast or on your iPod. You can follow me on Twitter @ETFexpert.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV