AUSTIN, Texas, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML), a leading molecular diagnostics company, has received a notice of allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a patent, "Biomarkers for Ovarian Cancer."
The patent makes claims in the uses of a urinary Small MBL-associated protein C-terminal fragment (sMAP) in the diagnosis of ovarian cancer, ovarian cancer monitoring, and patient management.
This represents the fifteenth biomarker patent granted or allowed for Vermillion, four of which support the company's ovarian cancer franchise and its flagship product, OVA1 ®.
"Our innovative biomarker research continues to build Vermillion's platform of proprietary diagnostic tools, which is supported by key patents," said
Donald Munroe, Ph.D., the company's chief science officer and VP of research & development. "We believe these tools represent the best diagnostic tools available today in the diagnosis and management of ovarian cancer, which is the leading cause of gynecologic cancer mortality."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV